Monday, August 20, 2012

Moives, Movies, Movies!

Yesterday was dad and I's date day. We watched Rising of The Planet Apes(2011). Of course he's seen the 1960's Planet of the Apes, but I just took my knowledge of dad's summary when he quizzed me before watching the newer one. I passed. I do not believe in watching movies from the 60's - 80's except for Tron, which was the only exception. Back to the Ape's, My dad and I thouroughly enjoyed this movie, we were both on the same page about the story line, and it was just a good movie altogether. What made it even better was that my mother thought that towaards the end, the Apes were trying to turn the human's into Apes. Mom's always good for a laugh. While on the topic of great movies, a couple of weeks ago me and dad got our marvel fix! As you all know dad and I are really big big big big marvel comics geeks. So you can only guess what movie we went to see on the big screen. The Amazing Spider-man! And the title does not lie! It was a great movie! The toby Maquire Spider-man series was great, but this new movie stuck more to Stan-Lee's comics. This movie included the web shooters which was how it was written in the comics instead of organic webbing. The movie showed more of Peter Parker's amazing knowledge of science, as well as Qwen Stacy who was Peter's first love, which most people get confused by because Mary Jane is much more popular. Of course on the way to the movies we had to explain the basics to mom who would forget eveything we told her from our driveway to the theater's parking lot. Her response: "Does it really matter?" her face had this, "Can I just go watch the movie without all the backstory?" look. My dad and I have this aweful little habbit when we watch marvel movies. If the directors throw in details from the comics into their movie, dad and I have to talk about it as soon as we see it. Even if we're in the theaters or not. We've never been yelled at thank goodness, but my goodness, there have been times were we are laughing or talking about a scene that just happened. Though most of the people in that room are marvel geeks like us. One time we went and saw The Avengers (one of Dad's favorites) and there was laughter over fighting scenes, or when hulk says, "hilk smash". And of course the only reason they are laughing is because it was in the comics. I've never heard my dad laugh in a movie theater but now he does! I remember the first time I heard him was at The Avengers. Then The Amazing Spider-man. (we watched Captian America at home.) He has a lot of fun at those moives and so do I! My dad and I aren't fans of DC, but we do appreciate Bat Man, because he is the only superhero in DC who doesn't have super powers. That's it. My dad grew up with Spider-man comics while using his Captian America trash can lid to fight off bad guys with his best friend, the black falcon (who's name is Greg). While I grew up with the X-men, Spider-man, Iron Man, and Captain America. When I was old enough to start watching pg-13's my knowlege of marvel grew bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and... well you all get the point. Now my dad and I talk about a lot more super-heros. Like Daredevil, Dr.Strange, Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, and all the others which I will spare all of you. I could probably write a book about me, my dad, and marvel, but I think i'll hold off on that and just say: Have a great week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment