Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Daddy's Day Dad!

YAAAY! It's Father's day! And I am extremely blessed to have a fantastic, awesome, awe-inspiring, magnificent, wonderful, amazing,and all those other big words, of a dad. My dad is by far my favorite guy in the world. He loves the Lord with all his heart, he's a redneck (oh jeez), and an awesome family man. He my favorite teacher, until he says something I don't like hearing. I can talk to him about anything and he gives me some great and reasonable advice. My favorite thing about him is that he's an awesome listener, never interupts me, and only gives me advice when I'm looking for it. I love my dad because he's shown a tremedous amount of love for me. He brought me into his family. Little fact for y'all, mom and dad were thinking about adopting a baby boy (gasp)! But thankfully they fell in love with and adopted a little ginger girl instead. I thank my over dosage of cuteness. Now 13 years latter I'm fourteen years old never guessing that my favorite guy would drag me to redneck central, New Hampshire. He gave me the biggest curve ball of my life, and I've had strikes as well as home runs. He's helped me so much, through school, family, and all the other little things that happens to teens. Some kids have dads that put out fires or arrest bad guys, but to me, my dad doesn't have to be this big star super hero. My dad talks about Marvel superheros with me, we play video games, we talk about guns and that Ducati he's going to let me buy... maybe. We go on dates, he buys me fast food, I insult his blue cargo pants, we tease mom, I let him steal my food sometimes, we talk about archery and God and how he's going to invent floating targets when he arrives to heaven. I beg him to let me go to jail: to see his prisoners, he's working on getting me in the office. My dad is the one who taught me to ride my bike, taught me to throw a frisbee and baseball, I picked up sarcasim and humor from him. I definetly do no follow his fashion habbits, one time he bought me some green cargo shorts... ya i never wear them :) nice try dad. To me, a heroic father is a man who supports and loves his kids and family. And that's exactly what my dad does. Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you with all my heart! p.s. Yes, rice crispy's are my present to him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment